Pumpkin bread - The pumpkin is a vegetable that needs little introduction, as most of us would have probably eaten it stir-fried, in pies, cakes and soups, or relished the seeds for snacks. In some parts of Asia, the young shoots of this plant is also harvested and stir fried. Thus the pumpkin is a very versatile fruit culinary wise.
We will now share with you how pumpkin can be used to flavour bread. For a start, we have chosen the Chinese Pumpkin (Cucurbita moschata) as it is available in most markets in Nusantara, and the flesh also imparts a lovely orange tinge and a delicate sweetness to the bread. The sugars already present in the fruit also means that you can use less-refined sugar in this recipe, thus qualifying it as a healthy variation to white bread. So check in out
Materials Pumpkin Bread :
- 200 grams Flour High Protein
- 100 grams Flour Protein Medium
- 6 grams Instant Yeast
- 65 grams of sugar
- 10 grams of milk powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs Egg Yolk
- 100 grams of Pumpkin
- 125 ml water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 35 grams Margarine
How to make Pumpkin Bread:
- Steam the pumpkin in advance. Then blend until smooth. Refrigerate at ordinary room temperature.
- Mix the flour, instant yeast, sugar, and milk powder. Stir well.
- Enter the vanilla, egg yolks and pumpkin, stirring. Pour ice water (or cold milk) little by little while stirred until dough is smooth (not sticky). Stop adding liquid if the dough is smooth.
- Add salt and butter / margarine. Knead until smooth and elastic back, surfaces smooth dough.
- Round the dough, place it in the container. Cover with plastic wrap or a damp towel. Let stand until fluffy 2X volume. 45 minutes to 1 hour depending on the condition of the room.
- pressure dough, knead briefly back so smooth and elastic back. Divide the dough into equal. Round the dough, let stand 10 minutes.
- Flatten and fill with stuffing according to taste, or it could be without charged. Round dough. Put in cupcake were prepared. Cover with plastic wrap, let stand until fluffy, 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven 180-200'C (oven must be hot when the dough entrance). Rub the surface of the dough with egg yolk and milk, can be sprinkled with cheese / ceres.
- Bake in oven for 15 minutes until cooked and browned surface. Remove from heat-heat the oven and rub the surface with margarine.
Nutrient content pumpkin bread
Vitamin A and beta carotene. Beta carotene is a yellow-orange pigment that if digested in our bodies, will be transformed into vitamin A. The function of vitamin A and beta carotene, among others, are useful like the eyes and skin, immunity and reproduction. In addition, this nutrient has benefits as antioxidants thus diminish risk of cancer and heart disease.
Vitamin C. One type of water-soluble vitamin, it is very necessary for the body's metabolism. Vitamin C also plays a role in immune function and as an antioxidant.
Iron. These nutrients are chiefly required in the formation of blood, especially hemoglobin (Hb). Food containing iron need, because iron from the mother at birth will be gradually depleted.
Potassium. The main function of potassium is support the body's metabolism. This is important in maintaining water balance and electrolyte (acid-base) in the cells of the body.