|Spicy tuna roll|
For sushi rice:
- 1 cup of rice or as needed
- 1 1/4 cup water (add to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or Kewpie
- 1-2 teaspoons Sriracha (depending on tolerance spices)
- 1/2 pound sushi grade ahi tuna, diced small
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt (more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 6 sheets of toasted nori
- 1 cucumber, a handful of sprouts mixture sari Asia
For the sauce:
- 2 tablespoons ponzu sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- sesame seeds or chives as garnish
How to make Spicy Tuna Roll :
- Stake rice in a colander and rinse thoroughly until the water runs clear. For rice cooker, add the rice and water. Set your rice cooker to "sushi rice" setting (this may vary depending on your rice cooker). Alternatively, you can cook on the stove by adding water and rice into a small saucepan, cover the pan and cook until the water evaporates and the rice is tender. In a small saucepan, combine sugar, vegetable oil, rice wine vinegar and salt. Cook over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves. Stir into rice mixture; continue stirring until the rice is thoroughly coated. Let the rice cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and Sriracha until the color turns pale, salmon-like color. Add ahi tuna, and stir until the tuna is completely coated. Salt to taste. Adjust the amount of Sriracha to your liking; I added an extra squeeze or two because I welcome spice. Sprinkle in black sesame seeds and toss the mixture once again.
- To assemble the hand roll, put a sheet of nori on a flat surface. Dampen your hands (this will make it easier to scoop rice) and put a tiny bit of rice, spread evenly on one side of the sheet of nori. Over rice with a spoonful of mixture of tuna, a few slices of cucumber juice and a small handful of sprouts Asia.
- Roll up roll hand by starting at the bottom left corner of the sheet nori, not even the opposite of.
- Roll, creating a cone-shape, make sure you roll it tightly as possible so that patches will not fall.
- Repeat the filling and the process continues until all the roll your hand assembled.
- In a small ramekin, combine ponzu sauce, soy sauce and top with a little sesame seeds or leeks. Serve with hand rolls.
ready and serve. success !!