Nicoise salads that are served in America are typically served on a bed of lettuce and include cooked green beans and potatoes. According to our Paris insider, the Niçoise salads there are all made with canned tuna.
Depending on the establishment here, I’ve had them either with canned or with freshly grilled tuna. Like its American Cobb salad cousin, the Salad Nicoise takes some time to prepare, given all of the ingredients. This is one dish where setting up your mise en place (all ingredients chopped and ready to go) will help the salad come together smoothly.
Recipe Ingredients Sauce Vinaigrette Salade Nicoise:
- 120 ml lemon juice
- 3/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion medium size
- 1 fresh thyme leaves
- 2 pieces of fresh basil leaves
- 2 tsp fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
Salade Nicoise Salad Recipe Ingredients:
- 2 pieces of tuna
- 1/4 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ripe tomatoes without the middle, cut 8
- 1 red onions, thinly itis
- salt to taste
- black pepper powder to taste
- 6 peeled hard-boiled eggs, cut into 4
- 800 grams of green beans, cut crosswise
- 2 medium-size lettuce
How To Make Salade Nicoise:
- Vinaigrette dressing: Combine the lime juice, olive oil, onion, thyme, basil leaves, oregano leaves, and Dijon mustard and stir well. add a little garadm and pepper and stir gently.
- Soak tuna in olive oil, let stand 1 hour. Bake in the oven over medium heat until done. Cut the tuna with 1 1/2 cm thick. Apply grilled tuna with a vinaigrette dressing.
- Arrange tomatoes, red onion, 3 tablespoons vinigrette sauce, salt, tuna, eggs, and pepper on a serving plate. Salad is not stirred so that each ingredient separate.
- Boil green beans in boiling hot water, add salt. Let stand 3-5 minutes, remove and drain Pour 3 tablespoons vinaigrette dressing to the surface of the beans, sprinkle salt and pepper powder.
- Set neat bean salad with ingredients that have been laid out previously. Pour the remaining vinaigrette dressing on the surface and salad nicoise salad ready to be served.