Beef stroganoff Ingredients
- 600 g beef sirloin, soak in soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce (ketchup UK) for one hour
- 400 g white mushrooms, cut into four pieces and fry using butter and white wine
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tsp sugar
- Black pepper powder
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 whole onion medium size, finely chopped
- 2 tsp tomato sauce
- 4 tsp flour
- 80 ml white wine or dry vermouth
- 350 ml beef broth
- 120 ml sour cream
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
How To Make Beef stroganoff
- Sauteed mushrooms with white wine and butter, then set aside.
- Mix the mustard powder and sugar with 2 teaspoons hot water until it turns into a sauce.
- Grease a skillet with oil and heat until smoky. Pat meat that has been marinated with a kitchen towel to dry, then cook until browned on both sides. Set aside.
- Add onion, mushrooms, pepper and half teaspoon salt and cook until browned for five minutes. Add tomato sauce and flour and cook until the vegetables and sauce mix.
- Add broth, wine and mustard sauce. Cook until boil and scrape the bottom of the pan to remove browned parts.
- Reduce the heat and cook until the sauce begins to thicken, for about five minutes.
- Sirloin sliced diagonally with a thickness of about seven mm. Add the meat along with the liquid into the sauce and cook until the meat warm.
- Lift the skillet from the heat and allow it to boil stop cooking. Add sour cream and 1 tbsp wine. Serve together with garnish of parsley.